Saturday 26 March 2016

My Mission Statement!

My Mission Statement



My Mission Statement (a.k.a how I feel about being a Sleep Consultant)
               
                My mission first and foremost is being a wife to my husband and a mother to my 2 children.  Without these 3 special people in my life I would not be who I am today.  I also would not have the passion to do the work that I do as a Sleep Consultant.  They have taught me how to be strong, that it is o.k. to be weak, to be proud and how to be giving!  Although I work as a Certified Sleep Consultant my full time job is “mommy!”  My family comes first in my life and I fully support that your family comes first to you!

                My mission is to not judge!  After all, we as parents face enough judgment each and every day.  It does not make a difference to me whether you breastfeed or bottle feed, co-sleep or room share, rock to sleep or hum to sleep, use a blanket or use a sleep sack, follow a schedule or don’t follow a schedule….. The list can go on and on.  What I care about is that you are doing what feels right for YOU and YOUR BABY!  When you contact me, comment on a post, ask a sleep question, or run into me at the mall…. I am not judging you…. This I PROMISE!

                My mission is to support you! My ultimate goal is to support you as a mom (I’m a mom first…remember J )!  I know the struggles, I know the frustrations, and I know the happiness and the joy and the tears… I HAVE BEEN THERE!  Wait, I am there right now!  Being a mom…. Let me rephrase… being a parent is hard work!  Shout out to all of the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G dads out there who are being their son’s first hero and their daughter’s first love! I will first support anyone I meet, talk to, or who follows my page as a fellow mom/parent! 

                I want to support you as a Sleep Consultant too!  I am beyond grateful for the love and support I get from you following my page and supporting this journey.  Let’s face it, I wouldn’t be a sleep consultant if I didn’t have any followers.  When I say support you as a sleep consultant I mean this because when my first son was little he DID NOT SLEEP!  Ever, never ever, I was going crazy!  My goal as a Sleep Consultant is to provide you with information, ideas, strategies and answers to help improve your situation.  I don’t ever use the word “fix” in my consulting practice because I feel it is a negative word around the sensitive topic of sleep.  One family’s goals will be completely different from another families goals and so I want to improve sleep for everyone by reaching each families individual goals!  Posting blogs, doing Q&A’s, having group sessions, having individual consultations, answering questions on my page, etc. are all ways I am only trying to support you!   

                My mission is to provide you with options! I want you to feel comfortable at all times knowing that the information I provide public on my page are just ideas and not something put out there that you have to follow…. Only options!  I also consider myself as a Consultant an option.  Nothing makes me happier than hearing from a family that they had sleep consultant success either working with me or working with somebody else.  The greatest part of life is that we have the option to choose a Consultant that works best for our family! Imagine if you only had one type of shampoo to choose from??  Bad example, that would actually make life much easier! Seriously though, always choose to work closely with individuals who make you feel safe, secure, and valued!  You have options!!!  

                My mission is for you to know that I 100% know that you are doing the right thing!  I say this time and time again that every family and every baby is unique!  It is what I love most about my job and what I love most about being a human being.  I love how we are all unique and each have something different and special to bring to our communities.  I know that as a parent you are absolutely doing everything in your power to do what is right for your family.  Without a doubt I know this.  I never want to change a family’s philosophy but instead become an asset for it.  The information I provide about sleep is provided so that you can take what works with your family and apply it how you would like to.  Sometimes guidance is needed and I can provide that but I promise you that my goal is to follow your parenting philosophies and stay within your comfort zone.

                My mission is to show love, compassion and relate with you on a personal level.  This statement reflects everything I mentioned above.  Without showing love, compassion and relating with people it is hard to not judge, to support, and to provide respectful options!  I want you to feel valued (because you are!  You are raising a little human!) from me because I truly think that what you are doing as a fellow parent is amazing.  Your life has changed (for the better) and I know you have given up many things to be the parent you want to be.  I get this and am right here with you.  We are all in this parenting gig together…. Let’s support each other and make it through together!

Can this information help somebody you know... share it with them :)


Find 'Nurturing Sleep Solutions' on Facebook and check out my website www.nurturingsleepsolutions.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment